Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Creamy Baked Potatoes - Faux Dauphinoise Potatoes

This recipe was a complete fluke. A lady on a vegan forum I belong to, shared how she made potato bake with a packet of french onion soup. However when I went in search of it, all I found was a couple of different brands which were not vegan.

The problem was that I wanted to have potato bake, so I decided to throw together some things that seemed to me, that they may work, and then see what happened.

What happened was absolute deliciousness!!!!!
This potato bake is enough for 4-6 people as a side dish. We had it over two nights with two different meals. It reheats ok, delicious fresh!!!

Ingredients
3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups of coconut cream
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon of vegetable stock powder
1/2 teaspoon of dry thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Method

  1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius (392 F)
  2. Place your potatoes in a deep oven tray, so that the potatoes are stacked about 4cm (1.5 inches) high.
  3. In a bowl, mix the coconut cream and all the other ingredients. 
  4. Pour over the potatoes and bake until your potatoes are cooked and the tops are lightly browned. (30-40 minutes)

The amount of time these will take to bake will depend on how thick you cut your potatoes. If you find that they are taking too long and it is getting too brown, lower the oven temperature. 
I sliced my potatoes paper thing, with slicer on my grater. 


Enjoy!!!

Below are two meals we had we our scrumptious baked potatoes!!
Corn & Leak puff triangles, potato bake, cous cous salad and wilted spinach.
Herb Crumbed Tofu, with cous cous & roast vegetable salad, potato bake and roast asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment