250gms packet of spelt noodles
For the stir fry
280 gms spinach leaves (washed)
1 large carrot (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
1 onion sliced
1 small capsicum sliced
1 thumb piece size of ginger (grated)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1 tbs tamari
1 tbs olive oil
For the tofu & marinade
500 gms firm tofu cut into thick slices
3 tablespoons Japanese style Worcester Sauce
1 tablespoon light agave
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the mushrooms
350 gms button mushrooms
1 tbs olive oil
- In a bowl mix the worcester sauce, agave, veinagar and sesame oil.
- Place tofu in a tray large enough so that each piece has space around it.
- Drizzle with marinade, and let it sit for a couple of hours, turning over every half hour.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms, then in a bowl toss them (whole) with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat your grill (I used an electric one), and place all the mushrooms on it. With the one I used, because it is also a sandwich press, there was no need to turn it over. Remove when nicely seared on both sides. Repeat with the tofu. Reserve tofu marinade.
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized wok, and place 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place onion, carrot, capsicum, garlic and ginger and stir fry for a few minutes. Add spinach and stir fry till wilted. Add tamari, stir well and remove from heat.
- To serve, place the noodles on each plate, top with a mound of veggies, then two pieces of tofu, and a few mushrooms. Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of reserved marinade. Can also sprinkle with dry chilli flakes.