This week's theme is Mushrooms. Probably the easiest theme we've had since I've been a member, given that I put mushrooms in so many things :)
So here is my Polenta Bolognese. This is how we eat it in Uruguay, well except that this is my vegan version.
My whole family adores this!
The sauce below can be used for polenta or with pasta. I make a big batch and freeze leftovers.
Ingredients1 large onion chopped
10 button mushrooms chopped finely (mine were the size of a 50c piece)
1 red capsicum (pureed or chopped)
1 small zucchini, finely chopped or grated
1 and 2/3 cup of TVP
1 large garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons of oil
2 cups of tomato puree or passata
3 cups of water
1 TBS mixed Italian herbs (thyme & oregano are great with this, however I use this this. )
Salt to taste
2 TBS chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a pan, and add onion, sauté until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and stir for two minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, capsicum and cook for two minutes.
- Add TVP, passata, water and herbs. Add salt to taste.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on top of polenta.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
NOTE: Cook the polenta as per packet instructions, if the polenta is too firmed when cooked, add a little water, you want it to spread out on the plate when served.