Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sesame Prawns - Vegan

In December 2016  I bought myself an air fryer. I love this gadget and I use it all the time.

I had been meaning to make sesame prawns for a very long time, but I just never got around to it. Finally, today was the day.

These are so easy! You just need to find yourself some mock prawns from your local Asian Grocery store. They usually have them in the freezer section.










Ingredients


250gm packet of mock prawns
1 tsp tapioca flour
4 slices of square bread (I used Rye, will use white next time)
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
oil spray
sweet chilli sauce

Method

  1. Remove the crusts from  you bread and set aside.
  2. Place prawns in a food processor and add tapioca flour.
  3. Process until prawns resemble a mince.
  4. Divide "prawn" mixture into four.
  5. Spread the mixture onto the bread, pressing lightly to make it stick.
  6. Cut each slice of bread diagonally.
  7. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow bowl.
  8. Carefully dip the "prawn" side of the bread into the sesame seeds. 
  9. Spray each toast, on the bottom(bread part) and top ("prawn" part) with the oil spray.
  10. Place in the air fryer at 200 for 12 minutes. Check after 8 minutes to ensure they are not burning.
  11. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment