Ingredients500gm block of firm tofu
2 tablespoons of maple syrup (40mls)
2 tablespoons Thai seasoning sauce
1 clove of garlic sliced
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1-1.5 tsp tapioca or corn flour
2-4 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons rice bran or other low flavour oil (for stir frying)
1 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Place the two tablespoons of maple syrup in a 1/3 size measuring cup, then fill the rest up with water.
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Place all ingredients except for tofu, sesame seeds and rice bran oil in a bowl. Process with a stick blender.
- Add tofu and gently mix through. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a large wok, and add oil.
- Stir fry tofu until it has become a nice golden colour.
- Add marinade and allow sauce to thicken.
- Adjust sweetness or saltiness and serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.