Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Pizza Scrolls - Lunchbox Special

This is a recipe from kidspot, which I changed a little as the recipe on that page did not work for me, as it was too much moisture from the yoghurt for the small amount of flour. So I tweaked it.

Before becoming vegan, I made this many times. I used to make these for my daughter to take to kinder, and today I made them so she can take them to school for her lunch. The original recipe uses Greek yoghurt. I made it with Coyo which is vegan.

They are super easy to make. I have often used this dough as a pizza base, and also add 1 heaped tablespoon of nutritional yeast. Yum!

Ingredients

1 cup of white spelt flour (plus 1/4 - 1/2 cup for kneading)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of Coyo (Coconut yoghurt)
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup of passata or pasta sauce
A pinch of oregano and thyme
2 tbs Bio Vegan Cheese (Grated)

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
  2. Prepare a cookie sheet by covering with non stick baking paper
  3. Put flour and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine. 
  4. Add yoghurt and form a dough.
  5. Empty bowl contents onto a well floured bench, and knead for a couple of minutes.The dough will be quite sticky and will keep absorbing more flour from the bench.
  6. When the dough has come together. Roll it out into a large rectangle, about 3 mm thick.
  7. Spread the passata on the dough, and leave a 5 cm edge on the long side without sauce. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. 
  8. Roll up into a long sausage and cut into scrolls.
  9. Place on the cookie tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.

These can be frozen in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment