1 & 1/2 sheets of puff pastry (I use Borg's Extra Flakey which is vegan)
2 leeks (white parts only, thinly sliced)
1 large onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup corn kernels
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp vegetable stock powder
3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup besan (chickpea) flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 small tomatoes (optional)
- Heat a non stick frypan and sautee the onion and leeks with the olive oil until wilted.
- Add corn, stir and set aside.
- Line the holes in a 6 hole muffin pan with puff pastry. Set aside
- Place the chickpeas, milk, onion powder, besan, stock powder, and baking powder, in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Divide the onion/corn mix between the six muffin holes, then add the besan flour mix.
- Top with a slice of tomato if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
I served these with sweet potato chips and rocket salad. I loved them, the texture is not like egg at all, but it keeps all the ingredients together, and it really tastes gooooood.
Enjoy, would love some feedback if you make them :)